Saturday, October 15, 2022

Special Agent Oso: Discussing Autism Friendly Media

"oso when he fucks up"[Image ID: A screencap of Light Yagami from Death Note saying "All according to Keikaku." Text above reads (Translators note: Keikaku means plan) /End ID]

"huh. this is actually kind of neat... did any of my muts on the spectrum watch this show as a kid and find it like. helpful?"

[Image ID: Autism: Riley's son was diagnosed with autism in 2005. In his 2009 interview with Emmy Magazine, Riley cited his son's subsequent autism therapy as the inspiration for the cirriculum of Special Agent Oso, This included the concept of Oso using "Three Special Steps" to break down larger tasks into smaller ones. Riley is currently writing a middle grade novel that includes a main character on the autism spectrum. /End ID]
"... wait, this show came out when i was like 14.... so it may be a little too new for even my younger mutuals"

"apparently oso is played by the adoptive son of john astin, who played gomez in the 60s addams family. interesting information i think."
"the vibe in oso is infectious though i really like it."
"special agent oso is a very cute show... i wish it had more character dynamics though...."

"special agent oso lost his license to kill"

[Image ID: A discord message. Fluffy Tiramisu says "GOD do you have your license sir?" Scar says "i think he does but it's expired." Fluffy Tiramisu says "close enough!" /End ID]

 
[Image ID: A discord conversation. Fluffy Tiramisu says "OK TRU. now if youll excuse me! im going to break the law. good for him actually." Scar says "this is what gets his license revoked." Fluffy Tiramisu says "LORE." Scar says "another oso loses his license episode." Fluffy Tiramisu says "LKHJFGLJKFHG" /End ID]

"It/Its pronoun user detected in oso" "i'm kinda going crazy over the character who was referred to with it/its and no other pronouns like i'm not crazy uwe and i both heard it" "going back is weird bc i hear it both ways now..... (he and it)"
[Image ID: A child in a baseball uniform holding a baseball bat. The child supposedly uses he/it pronouns. /End ID]

"i start a random episode and oso is already drilling"

Nevermind Oso's cancelled. (jkjkjk)

But yeah, as a whole Oso kind of felt more inclusive than shows like Jojo's Circus or Mickey Mouse Funhouse or even Little Einsteins.

"the interactive bits of oso are so subdued i dont really know the implications of a young child watching this show and perhaps being mute or something but the fact that special agent oso allows for nonverbal responses is interesting bc not a lot of interactive shows do" "i've been interacting with interactive bits of shows on variable cases. little einsteins i did because of the thought provoking questions. i didnt for mmch or jojo. this one i interact nonverbally because i trust oso w my life and i think he understands me" "the only show i recall having interactions with interactive bits was dora the explorer, which came out when i was 6, which is like. young enough to watch a baby show but old enough to roll my eyes at interactive parts"

""im a hammer" shut up pat we KNOW" "pat is fucked up he tried to injure a woman who already had a broken/sprained leg" "felipe is so self centered in this ep and turner is just sitting here like" "i wish oso and manny would help me learn to ride a bike :sobbing:"

"i think rapide is a catboy" "me: wow the paw pilot sounds familiar i wonder what i recognize her from
me:
me:
me:
me:
me:
me:
me:
me:
me:
me:
me:
me:
me:
me:
me:
me:
me:
me:
me:
me:
me: oh."
"it's fucking penny from stitch."

Most of them are pretty basic save Paw Pilot who sings a Bond-esque song every episode along with the once an episode song. However, this show kind of lets me illustrate how much this stupid fucking project broke my brain. Now I love cartoons, that much is true. However, thanks to this project I'll hear a voice and be able to clock it to an insane degree, whether it be other cartoons, live action, video games, or anime, as with Paw Pilot and Penny. Hell, even yesterday I recognized a voice actor from Elena of Avalor in a Netflix show I was watching. Not a bad thing at all, but definitely a sign I've been watching way too many cartoons.

Overall Rating for Special Agent Oso: B Tier

No comments:

Post a Comment