Sunday, April 3, 2022

Talespin: I remember it was alright???

7:24 PM · Dec 11, 2020 "thembrians are just nonbinary peopl"

God I feel like I'm skipping around so much, but with Park Life around the corner on my Disney watch, and the movie itself being something I probably have to watch (I don't HAVE to per se, but despite the quality my curiosity has piqued), I should probably skip Rescue Rangers for now and go straight into (a) Talespin.

I think talking about Talespin lets me discuss one of the first of many tropes Disney took on: The Alternate Universe Show.

3:33 PM · Dec 11, 2020 as you all know, im a jungle book disliker. and honestly these weird au stories are kinda making me crazy.... at the same time tho im kinda interested.

Now this is pretty common outside of Disney too, some are pretty obvious like the baby/child AU (See: Muppet Babies, Baby Looney Tunes, Flintstone Kids, and Le Petit Spirou). Outside Disney, the main AU show I can think of is Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries, which puts Sylvester, Tweety, Granny, and Hector in a detective AU, and which I personally can only associate with missing school for a dentist appointment.

Disney has a few of these. Rescue Rangers is another detective AU featuring Chip and Dale. New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and 101 Dalmatians: The Series one could argue are modern AUs The Mighty Ducks is an AU in which instead of poor kids, the ducks were hockey obsessed aliens on the run from war. I don't know what that AU is called in shorthand.

Talespin is a plane??? AU??? An AU where Baloo from the Jungle Book flies planes... I guess the best way to describe the plot is...

7:22 PM · Dec 11, 2020 "talespin is just professor layton + ouran + planes"

Episodes usually involves Baloo delivering some artifact or Rebecca and Baloo on some moneymaking scheme. Baloo so he can buy back his plane and go indie and Rebecca because she's a bit of a...

2:41 PM · Dec 11, 2020 "GIRLBOSS"

[Image ID: Rebecca Cunningham from Talespin /End ID]


 

 

 

 

 

 

Talespin is kind of hard to talk about. It's not a bad show by any means. The characters are funny, the premise is creative, you can write as much found family fanfic as you want with our main four characters...

It just doesn't stick you know? It's a show you watch in silence, think, "Hmm, that was alright!" and you go on with your life! Even on Twitter I had very few comments on the show. (I also had very few comments on Rescue Rangers, but for different reasons I'll get into when I discuss it.) But I enjoyed it still, probably the most out of anything I'd watched up to that point!

Overall Rating for Talespin: B

No comments:

Post a Comment